Click to read:
- Cannabis and Older Adults: Know the Facts
- 2019 Age-Friendly Recommendations for the City of Cambridge and the Waterloo Region
- Ageing-Well Directory 2019: Planning Council of Cambridge and North Dumfries
- Transitions from hospital: patient and caregiver priorities
- How Communities Can Prepare for the Growing Aging Population - from Baylor University's Robbins College of Health and Human Sciences
- Rapid Access Addiction Clinic - Cambridge Site
- Personalized Medication Assessments - A MedsCheck with your pharmacist may be for you.
- Accessibility: Angus Reid Institute study of an issue many Canadians face in coming years.
- Aging and Driving: Ontario’s Licence Renewal Program for Drivers Age 80
- Adjustable Bed Features: Find out what to look for when choosing an adjustable bed.
- Senior driver's licence renewal program: Learn the requirements to continue driving after the age of 80.
- Senior/mobility renovation grants and loans across the country A province by province guide.
- Adapting to the world of the 100-year lifespan Living and working in the age of longevity
- Sleep Help for Seniors Helpful advice for ending insomnia from the Sleep Help Institute
- More Care Better Care Read the Ontario Long Term Care Association 2018 Budget Submission
- 11 Habits of Successful Seniors who Live at Home Successful aging starts with healthy habits. Often these are lifelong habits, but there’s always time to change your ways to start aging wisely.
- Against Ageism by Sharon Butala for The Walrus: Becoming agents of change in our older years.
- Age Friendly Tax Tips Whether you file your own taxes or help someone over 65 file, these tips will be helpful.
- Aging in Place: What it Costs in 2018
Where would you like to live? Do you have enough money? Be proactive, talk to your family about your wishes. Here are the numbers for you to compare.
- sfCare Framework: The goal of senior friendly care is to achieve the best possible health outcomes for older adults. The Framework pulls together guiding principles to foster improvement in care and enable better collaboration between older adults and their support services.
Download this document
- Tax Filing by Phone Ensures No Canadian Has to Leave Money on the Table: The CRA's new initiative removes at least one barrier for low-income Canadians, making it easier to access the benefits they are entitled to. Read this article.
- Seniors as Mentors : One of the best approaches to preventing seniors from feeling isolated and excluded in their own community may be found within the generation itself, by harnessing the power of seniors as mentors. Read more
- Music Therapy: Within a therapeutic relationship music is a way to develop, maintain, and restore health and wellbeing. Learn more.
- Aging in Place: Whatever form it takes—spacious suburban bungalow or urban condo—our homes are more than roofs over our heads. We invest them with memories and emotions.
- Thank you for being a friend . . . I can buy a house with: Meet a new generation of golden girls. The Toronto Star article about shared home ownership.
- Mesothelioma: Mesothelioma is a very rare cancer, there are few doctors who treat it, making it all that more difficult for patients to get the treatment they need to extend their prognosis. Mesothelioma Guide mission is to guide those mesothelioma patients and their loved ones toward answers, care options, and free health solutions that improve their lives.
- International Federation on Ageing: Skim
- Cambridge Times: Council on Aging Focused on Issues Impacting Seniors
- Cambridge Times: With Population Aging, Food Bank Demand Will Grow
- The Globe and Mail: The Upside to Canada's Aging Population
- Cambridge Times: Creating an Age-Friendly City is "Great for Everyone"
- Inside Agenda (TVO) blog: Have You Had Post-Retirement Depression?
- Age Friendly Cambridge Action Plan Final Report- March 27
- Columnist David Siegel writes in the St. Catherines Standard: A Senior-friendly Plan for Niagara
- Waterloo Gerontology Interest Group Online
- Article in the London Free Press, We are Raising Our Future, about the Acorns and Oak Trees Program
- Is Our Work Age-Friendly? by Janet O'Hahir for the Sydney Morning Herald
- Ten Apps for Older Adults From Sheridan Centre for Elder Research
- 'Tis a Gift to be Simple New York Times article by Ron Leiber